PTFE (glass fiber) membrane
The membrane material can be classified into A, B, C, D and E according to its strength, weight and thickness. The design should be based on the structural bearing capacity of different levels of membrane material.
The main material of the coating shall be polytetrafluoroethylene resin, the content shall be no less than 90%, and the weight of the coating shall be greater than 400g/m. The thickness of PTFE membrane should be greater than 0.5mm.
Can prevent chemical corrosion and UV erosion, not easy to aging, in the rain with self-cleaning performance.
1. In Europe, the United States, Japan and other countries, PTFE membrane is classified as A2 quasi-non-combustible material. PTFE membrane in the fire environment temperature of more than 250℃, will release toxic gas, the Ministry of Public Security fire research Institute detection, according to GB8624 "building materials combustion performance classification method" was classified as B1 refractory material.
2. The quality assurance period of the physical and chemical properties of the membrane surface provided by the manufacturer is 10 years. However, the mechanical and physicochemical properties of the PTFE membrane have not deteriorated after more than 20 years of weather test.
Comparison of some properties of ETFE, PVC and PTEF fabric film materials.
1. ETFE membrane is a single polyester film without fabric, only made of gas is injected into the pressure gas to form the structural bearing member.
2. PVC membrane and PTFE membrane are multi-layer functional composite materials, their base is composed of fiber fabric, so it has high creep resistance ability, can be used as structural materials.
3. The comparison of some properties and reference prices between ETFE membrane and PVC and PTFE, two commonly used fabric membrane, is shown in the table below.
|It weighs a fraction of traditional building materials
|Glass fiber is the strongest textile fabric, it is even stronger than the same diameter of steel wire
|Unlike most solid building materials, the product can be stretched into a variety of dynamic arc shapes
|The uniform transmission of light through the inner and outer surfaces results in a soft scattering of light
|Minimal cleaning is required during the life of the fabric. Because the surface of the fabric is non-sticky and taut, the rain washes away the dust
|Harsh environments, such as mold, acid rain, etc., will not work on the fabric surface
|Each fabric frame will be welded together to form a single roof. The weld will be stronger than the fabric itself
|PTFE coated glass weaves show little degradation during their lifetime and are estimated to last at least 25 years
|It has A Grade A fire assessment, while still maintaining strong light transmission